Change DropBox Password
We all know Dropbox performs in terms of file storing and file sharing. Thought there are many file sharing applications like BoxCryptor, Vivo, Cloudfogger, Owncloud and many more. Out of all those Dropbox is mostly preferred by the people due to it simple as well as minimal interface. Dropbox is also based upon the cloud storage. There are many advantage of using Dropbox. Some of those are fast and reliable of sharing files, compatibility with all most all the windows versions and etc.
Recently last year hacker have obtained around 7 million Dropbox usernames and passwords. The company said that Dropbox service was not hacked but by using various third party services usernames and passwords have been stolen. As there are many apps which integrates with Dropbox so it became difficult for them to track down. A simple fix from avoiding your content being hacked is just change your Dropbox account password.
As Dropbox was hacked once so it improved its security systems and made a few modifications in the authentication process. Now it is a two-step verification process. This verification has been added to all the apps that are integrated with the Dropbox. In most of the cases a text message containing code will be sent to the registered phone number. By this way some protection can be provided to the users of the Dropbox.
Here are the simple steps to change your Dropbox account password
1) Head on to Dropbox official website
2) Login to your account by filling your registered email address and password
3) After opening your account dashboard click on your name located in the top right corner. After that select Settings in that menu.
4) Next click on Privacy tab and click on Change Password
5) Then you need to enter your old password and then type in new password and click on Change password. While typing the password it will be in the form of special characters like bullets for security purposes.
This is the method to change password without any hassle. Make a note of your new password of your Dropbox account so that you will not forget it. If you face any issues in this process then comment down below.